BORGOGNA MUSEUM

Situated in Vercelli in a nineteenth-century palace, the Borgogna Museum is considered one of the ten most important picture galleries in Italy. Most of the works belong to the collection which Antonio Borgogna donated to the town in 1906. The museum houses a vast series of Renaissance paintings from Piedmont and Italian works from the seventeenth, eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, as well as paintings by the Flemish, Dutch and German schools.