SANTA MARIA MAGGIORE CHURCH
In its first version (demolished in the early 1700s) this was the first Christian church built in Vercelli. On December 18, 1734 the architect Filippo Juvarra presented a project for a new church of the Jesuit order of Vercelli, which still stands today.
The main altar from the nineteenth century presents a tabernacle in white Carrara marble and a gorgeous altarpiece which depicts the Assumption of the Virgin with God and Jesus with the Angels, in an elaborately decorated wooden frame. The stone baptismal font is placed inside a small chapel with a fresco of the Baptism of Jesus.